What are you looking for?
The library offers free databases for your informational needs. By using your MCPL card, you can access a variety of databases from your home computer. Use the back button on your browser to return to the MCPL website or open the research links in a new tab or window.
Description of Databases:
- Ancestry Library Edition is one of the most important genealogical collections available today. It has unparalleled coverage of the U.S. and the U.K., including census, vital, church, court, and immigration records, as well as record collections from Canada and other areas. This collection is an essential genealogy tool and its valuable content is a strong complement to HeritageQuest Online. Home access is not available for this database.
- Heritage Quest Online provides tools to search family history. Search census, books, the United States Serial Set, genealogy and local history articles and more.
- EBSCO Host has links to thousands of magazines and scholarly journals. There are specialized searches for a variety of age groups and research projects. Databases include NoveList, Searchasaurus, EBSCO Host Espanol, Student Research Center for Grades 6-12, Kids Search, Small Business Reference Center, Home Improvement Center, Small Engine Reference Center, Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center, and Auto Repair Reference Center.
- The Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center has instructions and patterns for many projects. Included are projects for knitting, cake decorating, pottery, puppetry, woodworking, jewelry making, and more.
- The Home Improvement Reference Center has instructions and plans in order to do your own home improvements.
- The Auto Repair Reference Center has information and instructions on auto repair for hundreds of car models.
- The Small Engine Repair Reference Center has information and instructions on repair for many types of small engines.
- Access newspapers of the past at the Newspaper Archive. This database is only available for use in the library building.
- Explora is an EBSCO powered interface aimed at elementary school scholars. Find information about a wide range of topics, plus extensive information about animals.