Meets the third Monday of each month from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Each book club meeting will have a specific theme, for example: type of dish (appetizer, soup, main dish, casserole, etc.), geographic/ethnic cuisine (Italian, Greek, Thai, etc.), or ingredient (lemons, herbs, chicken, etc.).
Here's how it works:
- Stop by the Main Desk to see cookbook options that feature recipes on the current month's theme;
- Check out a cookbook (print book or e-book) or magazine and select a recipe you want to make
- Give us a copy of your selected recipe (either drop off at the main desk or send it via email to Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org) so we avoid having duplicates and so we can print out enough copies of each recipe to share with the group; also be sure to mention any food allergies or dietary restrictions.
- Prepare one regular-sized recipe at home (serving size: 4-8)
- Bring your dish, ready to be served, to share with the group
- The library will provide tableware but please bring serving utensils specific to your dish and bring a drink if desired
- Enjoy sampling dishes brought by the group and discuss the cookbooks, techniques, authors, and more!